How much money you can get in energy bill relief from Federal Budget plan
- NSW households will get $500
- Victorian households $250 ontop of another paymnt
- Queenslanders will get $500
Five million households and one million small businesses will get energy bill relief in a Federal Budget 2023 scheme jointly funded with the states and territories.
Here’s what we know so far about who is eligible, and for how much money.
Who is eligible:
- Pensioners, veterans, seniors and other concession card holders.
- Recipients of the carer allowance and family tax benefit.
- People in existing state and territory electricity concession schemes.
Five million households and one million small businesses will get energy bill relief in a Federal Budget 2023 scheme jointly funded with the states and territories
- More than 1.6 million households and 300,000 businesses will be eligible for energy rebates in the next financial year.
- NSW households will receive $500 and small businesses can get a $650 rebate.
- The price relief rebates will be delivered via energy companies and applied automatically to energy bills.
- More than 1.27 million households and 236,000 small businesses will be eligible for energy price relief from July 1.
- Households will get a $250 annual energy rebate on power bills, in addition to the $250 power saving bonus that will continue.
- Households will continue to access support through year-round electricity concession and the winter gas concession.
- Eligible small businesses will get a $325 rebate, and will receive it automatically if they are a “small customer”.
- More than 1.1 million households and 200,000 small businesses will be eligible for the energy bill relief from July 1.
- Households will receive an annual rebate of $500 and eligible small businesses can access $650.
- The rebates will be applied to household bills by energy companies.
- Small businesses who are classified as a “small customer” will get the relief automatically.