Check your fridge NOW! Urgent recall for popular dairy brand after SEVEN products sold at Coles, Woolworths and Aldi were found to be ‘contaminated’
- Eight popular butter products sold nationwide have been urgently recalled
- Seven Devondale butters and one Woolworths butter were removed from stores
- Food Standards Australia issued recall over ‘potential microbial contamination’
- FSA urged consumers to not eat products as they could potentially cause illness
A popular dairy brand has issued a recall on seven of its popular butter varieties sold at major supermarket locations.
Food Standards Australia has announced a variety of Devondale and Woolworths butter products have been removed over a ‘potential microbial contamination.’
A variety of butter products sold in Woolworths, Coles, ALDI, independent supermarkets and Costco have been recalled
What is a microbial contamination?
Microbial contamination refers to the accidental introduction of a potentially harmful material into food products.
These ‘materials’ could include bacteria, fungus, mould, etc.
The following eight products have been recalled:
- Devondale Salted Butter 250g: Best before 18 May 22; 4 June 22.
- Devondale Salted Butter 500g: Best before 30 April 22; 1 May, 22; 24 June 22.
- Devondale Salted Butter 3 x 500g: Best before 1 May, 2022.
- Woolworths Butter Salted 250g: Best before 16 October, 21; 21 April 22; 12 May 22; 13 May 22.
- Devondale Unsalted Butter 500g: Best before 30 April, 22.
- Devondale Dairy Soft Original 500g: Best before 6 Jan, 22; 6 April 22; 11 May, 22; 12 May 22; 26 May 22.
- Devondale Dairy Soft Salt Reduced 500g: Best before: 10 May, 22.
The Devondale and Woolworths products were sold nationwide.
Devondale products were sold in Woolworths, Coles, ALDI, independent supermarkets and Costco.
Food Standards Australia recommended customers do not eat the products as they could potentially cause illness.
‘Consumers should not eat these products,’ it said.
‘Any consumers concerned about their health should seek medical advice. Consumers should return the products to the place of purchase for a full refund.’
For more information on the recall visit Food Standard Australia and New Zealand.
Seven Devondale butter products and one Woolworths butter has been recalled by Food Standards Australia over a ‘potential microbial contamination’