EXCLUSIVE: Giovanni Pernice has ‘no plans to step back from Strictly’ after partner Amanda Abbington quit for personal reasons – as he scraps new brand launch out of respect to co-star

Strictly professional Giovanni Pernice has postponed the launch of his new cosmetic brand after his celebrity partner Amanda Abbington was forced to quit the BBC show due to ‘personal reasons.’

The Italian, 33, announced his new ‘dream’ venture on Instagram last week, saying the big reveal will take place on Tuesday October 24.

But after Amanda, 49, revealed her ‘deep regret’ over having to pull out of the competition, Giovanni scrapped the launch, which was scheduled to take place today, out of respect to his former co-star. 

Following Amanda’s sudden departure from the series after she didn’t perform on Saturday night’s live show, Giovanni will continue to appear on Strictly and for him, it will be as though his celebrity has been voted off.

It is not known whether he will return to the BBC series in 2024 because those conversations are yet to take place, however sources close to the dancer say he has ‘no plans to leave.’ 

Strictly pro Giovanni Pernice has postponed the launch of his new cosmetic brand after his celeb partner Amanda Abbington was forced to quit the BBC show due to ‘personal reasons’

Sources close to the professional dancer told MailOnline that Giovanni has 'no plans to leave' the dance series following seven years on the programme

Sources close to the professional dancer told MailOnline that Giovanni has ‘no plans to leave’ the dance series following seven years on the programme 

After Amanda revealed her 'deep regret' over having to pull out of the BBC competition, Giovanni scrapped the launch, which was scheduled to take place today

After Amanda revealed her ‘deep regret’ over having to pull out of the BBC competition, Giovanni scrapped the launch, which was scheduled to take place today 

The Italian announced his new 'dream' venture on Instagram last week, saying the big reveal will take place on Tuesday October 24

The Italian announced his new ‘dream’ venture on Instagram last week, saying the big reveal will take place on Tuesday October 24 

A source told MailOnline: ‘Giovanni is really disappointed that Amanda’s time on Strictly has come to a premature end. He wanted nothing more than to continue competing with her by his side.

‘For Giovanni now, he will still be on the show every Saturday, supporting the rest of the cast.

‘It was set to be such a big week for him with the launch of his new business GP Vita but after Amanda’s announcement, it didn’t feel right for him to go forward with the scheduled plan.

‘Some fans are already doubting Giovanni’s place on the show next year, but those conversations won’t take place for months. 

‘However, he has no plans to step back from Strictly just yet.’

It was confirmed on the Strictly spinoff show It Takes Two on Monday evening that Amanda was leaving the competition.

In a heartfelt post shared to Instagram the actress explained that she had withdrawn from the show for ‘personal reasons’ and she’s ‘sad’ not to be going any further.

She thanked the ‘incredible production’ and said it was an ‘absolute joy’ working with her fellow contestants, though she didn’t pay tribute to her professional partner, Giovanni.

Writing on Instagram on Tuesday, Amanda said she was 'sad' not to be going further in the competition though she failed to pay tribute to Giovanni in her post

Writing on Instagram on Tuesday, Amanda said she was ‘sad’ not to be going further in the competition though she failed to pay tribute to Giovanni in her post 

Giovanni's partner Richie Anderson was the second celebrity to leave the competition last year and the two were plagued by rumours that there were arguments between them behind the scenes

Giovanni’s partner Richie Anderson was the second celebrity to leave the competition last year and the two were plagued by rumours that there were arguments between them behind the scenes

On his Instagram profile, Giovanni shared a photo of the couple backstage saying he was ‘sad’ they couldn’t continue but he was ‘proud’ of everything they have achieved. 

Following seven years on the BBC show, some Strictly viewers are predicting that this could be Giovanni’s last season performing with a celebrity partner.

One wrote: ‘I think this will be your last year… you have outgrown Strictly, and I think you know that.’

Another said: ‘I am devastated for you. I was supporting you both and voting. Will we still see you dance on Strictly next year?’

But sources close to Giovanni say that while those conversations won’t take place until 2024 that he isn’t even considering leaving the show.

Giovanni, who has romanced a number of celebrity contestants on Strictly including Georgia May Foote and Ashley Roberts, won the show in 2021 with deaf EastEnders actress Rose Ayling-Ellis.

The pair’s silent dance to Clean Bandit’s Symphony then went onto scoop the must-see moment at the 2022 BAFTA TV awards.

But the past two years have proven difficult for Giovanni.

His partner Richie Anderson was the second celebrity to leave the competition last year and the two were plagued by rumours that there were arguments between them behind the scenes.

Giovanni, who has romanced a number of celebrity contestants on Strictly including Georgia May Foote and Ashley Roberts, won the show in 2021 with deaf actress Rose Ayling-Ellis

Giovanni, who has romanced a number of celebrity contestants on Strictly including Georgia May Foote and Ashley Roberts, won the show in 2021 with deaf actress Rose Ayling-Ellis 

Away from the dance floor, he's enjoyed success with his new BBC travel series Adventures In Sicily alongside Anton Du Beke

Away from the dance floor, he’s enjoyed success with his new BBC travel series Adventures In Sicily alongside Anton Du Beke 

At the beginning of this season, The Sun reported that Amanda was ‘threatening to quit’ after also rowing with Giovanni over his ‘militant style’ in the training room. 

But away from the dance floor, he’s enjoyed success with his new BBC travel series Adventures In Sicily alongside Anton Du Beke, as well as their touring show Him & Me, plus his new cosmetics brand which he announced last week. 

Giovanni shared the news of his business on Instagram alongside a black and white image of him about to kiss a Brazilian model.

The brand is called GP Vita, and he is working alongside entrepreneur Giacomo Tontarelli and marketing guru Nicholas Hill to create beauty products designed to ‘inspire and bring joy to life.’ 

MailOnline has contacted Giovanni’s spokesperson for comment.