Fashion designer Lulu Guinness’s younger brother Simon Rivett-Carnac ‘shoots himself dead’ outside his home aged 53
- Simon Rivett-Carnac was found dead at the rear of his property in Charlton
- The partner of a top investment firm, he leaves behind a wife and two children
- It is not known whether the 53-year-old had a licence to use the shotgun
The younger brother of fashion designer Lulu Guinness is believed to have shot himself dead outside his home aged 53.
Simon Rivett-Carnac died instantly after the gun fired through his mouth and into his head.
His shocked wife found the father of two yards from their home in Charlton, Wiltshire.
Simon Rivett-Carnac (pictured, left) died instantly after the gun fired through his mouth and into his head. He was the brother of fashion designer Lulu Guinness (pictured, right)
His older sister is famed for her iconic handbags which are loved by the likes of Madonna, Jerry Hall and the Duchess of York. A gardener raised the alarm after discovering the body, an inquest heard on Friday.
Mr Rivett-Carnac was a partner in one of London’s top financial investment firms and yesterday a spokesperson for Sarasin and partners LLP said he ‘was a partner at the firm who joined in 1999 and made an exceptional contribution to the business.’
‘Simon was a wonderful colleague and friend and will be remembered for many qualities not least his outstanding sense of humour,’ they added.
The father of two was found outside his home in Charlton (pictured) in Wiltshire after shooting himself dead
‘His passing will leave a huge hole in the lives of so many people and our thoughts are with his wife and their two sons.’
Yesterday Wiltshire Police said: ‘There are no suspicious circumstances in relation to this death.’
The force has not confirmed whether of not Mr Rivett-Carnac had a licence for the shotgun.
Pictured: Lulu Guinness, whose brother is believed to have shot himself outside his family home in Wiltshire
The inquest in Salisbury, Wiltshire, heard how the father was found outside the rear of his second home at 11.45 am on December 6 after a shotgun had been discharged.
The cause of death was a brain injury due to shotgun discharge through the mouth.
He was identified by his wife Sarah who was inside the property. The inquest was adjourned to a date yet to be confirmed.
- For confidential support call the Samaritans on 116123 or visit a local Samaritans branch, see samaritans.org for details.