Gordon, in a flash: Crab and harissa tacos
Buying ready-picked white crab meat is such a good cheat here, and makes it easy to put these tacos together in minutes. The only cooking you need to do is warming up the tacos! I love the combination of sweet crab with hot, aromatic harissa, but you can use any chilli paste or hot sauce you like to get a kick, or leave it out altogether if you don’t like the heat; the tacos will still be delicious.
200g white crab meat
4 tbsp creme fraiche
1 Little Gem lettuce
Zest and juice of 1 lime
Small handful of coriander leaves
2 spring onions
4 x 20cm soft corn tacos
2½ tbsp harissa paste
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Lime wedges, to serve
- Put the crab meat into a bowl and add the creme fraiche. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shred the lettuce leaves and place in a salad bowl. Dress with the lime zest and juice, then sprinkle over half the coriander leaves. Slice the spring onions on the diagonal and add to the salad. Toss well.
- Finely slice the radishes using a mandoline or very sharp knife.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and, when hot, warm the tacos for a few seconds, one at a time.
- Spread some harissa paste in the centre of each taco, then place a spoonful of the salad on top, followed by a spoonful of the crab mixture. Top with the sliced radishes and remaining coriander, then fold and serve with lime wedges on the side.